The University of Arizona logo

Complaints & Concerns

    Workplace Violence, Safety Concerns, and Policy Violations

    To report an emergent or urgent workplace violence issue, please first call 911 or contact UAPD at (520) 621-8273, then contact the Division of Human Resources by calling (520) 621-3660.

    To report non-urgent workplace violence, safety concerns, or policy violations fill out a Report an Incident form.

    Discrimination and Harassment

    The University of Arizona is committed to creating and maintaining a work and learning environment that is safe, inclusive and free of discriminatory conduct prohibited by the Nondiscrimination and Anti-harassment Policy. The Office of Institutional Equity (OIE), a unit of the Division of Human Resources, leads efforts to promote and uphold this policy and its goals, foster equity and opportunity, strengthen relationships across diverse groups, and support a campus culture of equality for all members of the University community.

    Anyone who experiences or is aware of discriminatory conduct is urged to report the matter immediately for appropriate response. The University’s policy strictly prohibits retaliation against an individual for reporting perceived discrimination or participating in a resulting investigation. For reporting and complaint options, visit the Office of Institutional Equity's website.

    Other Types of Complaints 

    University of Arizona policies provide processes for raising complaints regarding policy violations or concerns about working conditions, including termination. Though most issues can be resolved informally, formal processes exist for those instances where informal resolution is not possible. In formal dispute resolution, pay close attention to eligibility, time lines, and procedures.

    Informal Processes 

    In some cases, informal mediation is preferable to the formal complaint process. Human Resources offers informal mediation services through its "Point of View" program. 

    Formal Processes

    The following links offer a quick summary of formal University processes for different types of positions. This information does not supersede or substitute for University policy. Please refer to the appropriate policy manual for more detailed information.